Lake Huron Committee
The Lake Huron Committee consists of senior staff members from Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, and the Chippewa-Ottawa Resource Authority. The Committee's purposes are:
- consider issues pertinent to, or referred by, the commission;
- consider issues and problems of common concern to member agencies;
- develop and coordinate joint programs and research projects; and
- serve as a forum for state, provincial, tribal, and federal agencies.
- Randy Claramunt, Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Chair
- Tom Gorenflo, Chippewa-Ottawa Resource Authority, Vice Chair
- Ken LaCroix, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Updated: June, 2019
Lake Huron Technical Committee and Task Groups
The Lake Huron Technical Committee consists of fishery biologists from Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, the Chippewa-Ottawa Resource Authority, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and U.S. Geological Survey. The Technical Committee's purposes are to:
- provide agencies represented on the Committee with technical information on the status of stocks including management alternatives and guidelines in making and evaluating fisheries management decisions;
- arrange for resource persons to assist the members as required; and
- recommend to the LHC the need for the formation of a specialized task group to address a specific issue outside of the scope of the LHTC;
- advise the Committee Chair of any additional funding or other requirements as needed.
The efforts of the Lake Huron Technical Committee are supported by the St. Marys River Fishery Task Group.
Meeting minutes from the technical committee meetings may be available on the Publication Search.
Publications and Products
- Population Dynamics of the St. Marys River Fish Community 1975-2013
- Lake Huron Committee Research Priorities (2014)
- Fish Community Objectives for Lake Huron (1995)
- The State of Lake Huron in 2010
- Lake Huron Environmental Objectives (2007)
- Lake Huron Environmental Objectives: Overview
- Strategy for Reducing Lake Trout Stocking in Lake Huron (2016)
- Strategy and Options for Promoting the Rehabilitation of Cisco in Lake Huron (2007)
- A Lake Trout Restoration Guide for Lake Huron (1998)
No recent press releases available.
- Compiled Reports To The Great Lakes Fishery Commission Of The Annual Bottom Trawl And Acoustics Surveys, 2017